Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Stepping Out of the Comfort Zone!

Hello all!

I received my latest Papertrey Ink order yesterday. If you are not familiar with Papertrey you should check them out, they are an awesome company. I love getting new goodies, it doesn't happen often enough though! :) So today I played around with my new Background Basics: Retro stamp set. I have two cards to share with you today because I did some exploring and I kind of stepped out of my comfort zone. So you'll have to let me know what you think.

For the first one I was going for more of a masculine look, which I am not very good at. I guess it could work for a kid card too. Its a little hard to tell in the photo, but there is a red edging on the right side of the blue strip.

For this card I was kind of going for a retro and very simple look.

So what do you think? Well its always fun to try something new and different! I don't do this very often but its a good way to experiment and grow. How about you give it a try too? Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoyed.


Maile



For You:


Stamps: Background Basics: Retro & Men of Life

Ink: SU Real Red & Bashful Blue

Cardstock: PTI Vintage Cream & SU Bashful Blue

Accessories: Circle Punch, Decorative Scissors, Corner Rounder, Button & Twine


Smile:

Stamps: BB: Retro & Shapes By Design (Sentiment)

Ink: Versamark & PTI True Black

Cardstock: PTI Summer Sunrise, Raspberry Fizz, Ripe Avocado, Bazzill Black & SU Bashful Blue

Accessories: Corner Rounder

11 comments:

  1. I think they're both wonderful! The top one definitely would work for a guy (something I struggle with). I LOVE the way the colors pop on the second one. I don't do black card bases often enough...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! Love your use of retro background and how you created the retro pattern and stamped on it! I've wanted to make one of those too! Now I see how cute it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just fabulous! The boat one is perfect for a little boy :) I love the shapes on the last one...it would be great to reproduce for a colour challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the sailboat! I am a sucker for buttons they are just so cute! I really need to use them more! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh... these are great! It is funny that you just got this set. I just got it as well with a couple of new release sets. I wasn't sure I wanted it when it first came out but have since changed my mind. You have inspired me to get it out and play! I love them both... the 2nd is a total fav!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful! I have the *hardest* time making masculine cards, but you made it look easy!

    Love, love, LOVE the retro card! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both of these cards, gorgeous! That black one is superb, I might have to CASE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them both but the second one is really eye catching!! Great color combo, I think I might just add it to my "fav" color combo list and try it myself. Thanks for the inspiration!! Oh, and by the way, I've been totally hooked on Background Basics: Retro these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your style! On the second card, who knew that if you round the opposite corners and pair the pieces like that, the effect would be awesome?! I definitely have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, i love the second card...i love that look! great colors too!! i'm so happy to have caught your blog!! adding to my favs for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely LOVE the "smile" card - the colors, shapes and patterns all go together in such a striking, graphic look - too cool!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS