Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Card Creations 9

Hello all! Have you seen the new special issue magazine from Paper Crafts yet... Card Creations 9? This issue if full of fabulous and inspiring creations. I've already gone through my issue, front to back, a few times. You can get yourself a copy here.

I have a few cards featured in this issue. So, I thought I would share a few of them with you today. In case you missed them: Paper Crafts Connection featured my Celebrate This Day card here and Cath featured a couple of my cards on the Moxie Fab World blog, here and here. I am extremely honored that Paper Crafts and Cath would feature my cards, but I find it kind of funny that my cards were featured as Vintage and Fun & Cute styles, both are not styles I would consider my self good at. Guess I really need to step out of my box more offten. So, thanks Cath!

And here is one of my favorites from the issues...

Starting with a Vintage Cream card base, I stamped it with a wreath from Wreath For All Seasons and a sentiment from Delightful Dahlia, in Rangers Distress Frayed Burlap ink. I know that Mother's Day has already come and gone, but by switching out the sentiment you could have yourself a birthday card too. Die cut a Mat Stack #4 from some Green Tea Leaves pattern paper. Wrapped with Melon Berry ribbon and attached with dimensional adhesive.Inked up the wreath dots/berries in Spring Moss, stamped off on scrap paper and then stamped over the wreath. This gave the dot/berries a lighter impression. Randomly stamped the tiny flower in Melon Berry and then finished the card off with a Melon Berry button, twine and a few hand cut Spring Moss leaves. I love how these hand cut leaves play off of the green leaves found in the pattern paper!

Also, have you seen the latest The Chevron Chic Challenges over at the Moxie Fab World blog. I hope to see you guys pull out your Background Basics: Chevron Stripes sets and join in on the challenge fun! I'm looking forward to seeing what you all create!

That's it from me today, I hope you enjoyed! Have a super day!


Maile

4 comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS