Monday, May 14, 2012

Summer Camp

Welcome to the final day of the Papertrey Ink Countdown and the second design team group post day. This time around we bring you Summer Camp, designed by Heather Nichols. I personally have never been to an official summer camp.  Although, while growing up and even to this day my family and I enjoy camping as often as we can throughout the year.  I truly enjoy being in the outdoors and taking the time to explore.  A fun way to do so is with a Scavenger Hunt, either with your kids, friends or even at the next Summer Camp. 
Today, I'm excited to share with you a camping scavenger hunt ensemble.
Lets start with the bag, it's perfect for holding all that is found along the hunt.  I've created and attached a nifty little tag (using the Favor It Box 3 die) that holds the scavenger hunt list.  Here's How:  I began by trimming a piece of cardstock (3 1/2" x 7 1/2"), then scored a line at 2 3/4" from the bottom edge, folded the edge over and then carefully placed onto the Favor It Box 3 die and cut (being careful to keep the folded edge intact).  Tied the top closed with twine and inserted the folded list inside. 
Here's the list, pre-fold.  Along with a nice shot of the team badges.  Here's How: To create the badges I printed the "Team #'s" onto cardstock, stamped the label image directly over the text and punched out.  Then layered over ribbon and a die cut scalloped circle.
To check off the acquired items, I've tied a sharpened pencil to the bag and topped it off with a "field notes" banner.
For the winners... an assembled Favor It Box 3 filled with tasty treats perfect for a camp out.  I found a recipe for S’mores Rice Krispie Treats here.
Next on the list...  A card using the Summer Camp stamp set.  Here's a camp out birthday card perfect for Dad.  I stamped a kraft square with the landscape image and then partially die cut a label from the top.  Within the opening, I stamped a sentiment from World's Greatest.  
Stamped, colored, cut out and attached the tent and fire to the kraft panel.  Then wrapped with twine and attached the panel to a Rustic White card base.

Well, there you have it. I hope you've enjoyed! Now, be sure to see what the rest of the Papertrey Ink design team has in store for you today...
Thanks for stopping by!

Maile


Summer Camp Scavenger Hunt Ensemble:
InLinkz.com

Happy Birthday Dad Card:

8 comments:

  1. I don't like camping but I am very inspired to try it again, especially if I can do the Scavenger hunt - excellent project - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Scavenger Hunt idea! We are not campers, but love being outside most any time of the year-we live in the south...This is being filed away for a little boy's birthday party in a couple of years. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a HUGE fan of your work! You're my #1 most favorite crafter! LOVE the projects on here... Thanks for the inspiration! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE ideas, cards and projects!!! Love the Scavenger hunt and the S'mores recipe and treat boxes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what cute ideas! So glad you made the s'more rice krispie treats. Yours look delicious! Thank you for the link back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea , so cute . Love all the projects you made as well. Thanks FS

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS