Thursday, December 13, 2012

Embroidered Blooms and Ribbons & Bows Day 4

Hello and welcome to the fourth day of the Papertrey Ink December Countdown and the first Design Team group post. Today's group post is all about the new Embroidered Blooms and pairing it with Ribbons & Bows.  Since Ribbons & Bows is a set that I designed I'll be sharing a few extra projects utilizing this set at the end of today's blog post.

I've had some fun and I've got a lot to share with you today. So let me get started...
First up... a card that truly lets Embroidered Blooms shine!  I used a number of the images in the set and stamped them in a color combo of simply chartreuse, limeade ice, hibiscus burst, melon berry and enchanted evening.  Stamped it all onto a die cut Mega Mat Stack #4.
Stamped a sentiment in Hero Arts Cup O' Joe ink and then impressed the stamped panel, using the Aida impression plate.  I love how this simple step makes the embroidery look so real!
Up next, a pairing of Embroidered Blooms with Ribbons & Bows to create this simple yet elegant card.  Perfect for a special occasion... such as a wedding, anniversary or birthday.
I just can't get over how lovely these blooms turn out to be!  Loving the combo of ocean tides and melon berry, with a touch of gold.  To me, this is perfectly simple.
 
Are you still trying to squeeze in some Christmas tags these days. I am! I love to add a personal touch to every gift under my tree, so I can't ever have too many tags during this season. 
Anyways... keeping with the bloom and ribbon pairing from above, I've incorporated that theme into this set of tags.
Onto this kraft tag... I stamped the largest ribbon bow in black, embellished the bow center with a Bells & Boughs bloom, stamped a gold sentiment, topped with some glittery twine and finished it off with a button.
Slightly switching the colors up on this second tag.  Love the look of both!
My final card of the day incorporate a number of Ribbons & Bows images to create a very colorful and fun hand stamped pattern paper.
I might have gone a little stamp happy, but I couldn't stop.  Colors used... hibiscus burst, new leaf, orange zest, black and a touch of gold.
Finished the card off with a sentiment strip (embellished with gold washi tape) and a wrapping of golden twine.

Well, that's all I've got for you today. Just remember... the Embroidered Blooms and Ribbons & Bows stamp sets will be available for purchase through Papertrey Ink, beginning December 15th. In the mean time, I'd love to know what you think so far, so please feel free to share!

Now, be sure to see what the rest of the Papertrey Ink design team has in store for you today...
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile


Hello Friend Card
InLinkz.com

Celebrate Card



Merry Christmas Tags



Congratulations Card

11 comments:

  1. Ribbons and Bows - another one I definitely need. I like that your sets are elements rather than images. It makes it possible to use them in so many different ways. I just love that multi-coloured card you made with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! I've enjoyed all your daily samples, and the multi-color card today is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ribbons & Bows is soo PRETTY! Just like Gramma's embroidery, only faster!
    Thanks for designing such a nostalgic set:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your sets this month! Simply gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful samples and I love the use of the Aida impression plate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elegant. Lovely. Versatile--my Merry Christmas bows for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was looking forward to see your post! I always like the way you use the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your style! These are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these Maile! :) The first card is so amazing! Love the backround you stamped the flowers and leaves on...it goes so well with the "embroidered" theme. And I love the colors! The 2nd card is lovely! I love the gold ribbon. Those tags are beautiful! So lovely for Christmas. I love the colors you used...and making the tags kraft! Love that! The 3rd card is so neat! Love the bold colors! And the touch of gold in there too. You are so amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS